Thursday, April 14, 2011

Gesso

Today I have a tutorial for you with
GESSO
This is what you need:
* paper
* stamp
* sponge
* paper plate
* inkpads (I used distress inks)
* glimmermist
* heatgun
*GESSO
* scrap paper to work on
* box to spray in

1. Put some gesso on a paper plate and
use a sponge to dab some on your stamp.

2. Stamp several times on your background paper.
Then right away wash your stamp and sponge.

3. Dry your gesso well before doing the next step.

4. Use a sponge to rub the ink of the inkpad
on the background paper. I used worn lipstick and
victorian velvet on the outside.

5. When finished sponging, take some glimmermist.
Here is creme du rouge by Tattered Angels is used.
Don't forget to put the paper in a box when you spray.

6. Dry with heatgun.

7. This is the finished background, ready to use
for your card.

8. Finished card has a panel on top that is
 is stamped on the outside
with a multi color inkpad and embossed
with clear embossing powder.

9. Here you see the inside of the card.

close up.

Used stamps: Egg stamp large and small by Michael Strong
Used paper by Club Scrap - Raku kit.
Multicolor inkpad: kaleidacolor baby power.

Have a creative day!

11 comments:

KathyR said...

So gorgeous, Hetty! I can see the shimmer.
KathyR

Rosie Guiher said...

Beautiful card Hetty!Thanks for sharing!

Deborah345 said...

Cute card Hetty - I bet it is full of shimmer.
the tutorial is a great help.
deborah345

Linda said...

Wauw wat mooi joh, ik heb nog nooit gehoord van gesso, maar het ziet er leuk uit.
gr linda

Michele said...

thank you for this wonderful tutorial Hetty! i love your creation and am inpired to try my own! xo

Shelly Schmidt said...

Too bad it is time to get to bed....I would run try this! Hope I get a chance to plat tomorrow....!Thanks for sharing this great tutorial- I love your card.

Anonymous said...

Great technique! Michael Strong stamps are perfect for this with their bold images. Thanks for sharing, Hetty.
Heather

Lisa said...

Cute card and thanks for sharing your technique, I haven't worked with gesso on paper before--any chance it would crack or flake off?

Lisa

Sharon Huffman said...

That is beautiful! I love how you made the inside to match. So nice!

Jenni said...

Ooh, I like this technique, will give it a try! I like your colours, so warm and rich. Mike's stamps are ideal for this, nice bold images!
Great card!

Daria said...

Thank you for the detailed tutorial. Your card is beautiful.