Monday, February 20, 2012

Oscar Week

 Soon there is the Oscars Academy Awards 2012.
A big event in Hollywood.
How about making a tag Tim Holtz style?
 I started out cutting a tag with the tag die
and glued randomly some musical tissue
tape on it. With fired brick distress stain I 
covered the tag completely and sprinkled some
waterdrops on it. Now I dried it with my heat gun.
When it was completely dry, I took 
the star embossingfolder and ran the tag through
the cuttlebug ans sprayed it with gold
glimmer mist. Idried it all again.
Now i sanded down the stars, distressed the borders and 
added some frayed burlap distress ink on it with 
a blending tool.

To decorate the tag, I punched out some stars
and fastened them with staples.
I made a faux filmstrip piece
with a punch and stamped Tim's
men on it with white.

On the ticket tag you find a sentiment from a wonderful
nes set at Create with TLC called: Hollywood Magic.
The tag is finished of with a star ribbon and
of course an Oscar.
But who will be the winner.......
that is still in the envelop until the big event
on Febuary 26.



Have a creative day!


10 comments:

Manu said...

Wow...what a beautiful Hollywood tag!
I love it.
Hugs

Tlc Creations said...

The tag is fabulous....Love it.
Paulette

Deb Neerman said...

Love the tag ... such a fun concept, too! TFS!

Charlotte said...

Wonderful tag! You have captured the excitement and old Hollywood glam of the event.

Lynn Stevens said...

So creative!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Love this! The layered tissue tape looks amazing under the embossed stars. Great idea for the Oscars!

Andi said...

What a great piece! I hope your favorite movie wins!

Laura said...

What a fun tag!! Thank you so much for the tutorial on how you created this!!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Super cool!!! I want to touch!I love the embossed stars!!! So cool!!!

jasann said...

these are lovely,hope I can do as well!!!