Sunday, February 10, 2013

Chinese New Year


Today it is Chinese new Year
and the start of the
Year of the Snake.
So with stamps of
I made this 12x12 scrap page
and used the following stamps:
 the cloisonné hexagon
and the cloisonné medallions.
 
To make the snake I stamped the hexagon stamp
1x op red paper and 1x on black paper
with versamark and embossed with
gold embossing powder.
Then cut up the stamp and
kept rearranging the pieces
until I was satisfied with the snakes. 
For the lanterns I used
the medallions
and I have a tutorial on my blog HERE
how I made them.
and.......don't forget to pay a visit to
Michael Strongs own blog,
for he has a digital freebie for you
for the Cinese New Year.
Go here:
 
 
Have a creative day!
 

 

4 comments:

slbt17 said...

cute, cute, cute - Hetty you are so creative!
This is great - love it!
Sandra ltb

Laura said...

What a cute snake you made with Mike's hexagon stamp! Very creative of you (as usual!!!) Also, love how you made the lantern with the medallion stamp and the crimper!Thanks too, for the link to the tutorial. Love that whole layer that's crimped! Way Cool!!! Thanks for sharing your creativity!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

So awesome Hetty- you are so creative- always inspiring me to look at things a different way! Happy Chinese New Year!

Anonymous said...

Hetty that is the most
creative card you have
dreamed up. It is awesome.
You rock girl.
Joann West