Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sunday Scrap Page: Heat Wave


Here is my Sunday Scrap page.
The theme for this week was "Heat Wave",
but it is puring down with rain over here!
So I came up with a heat wave of the heart:
this happened last Wednesday when I was babysitting
my grandson and we looked at some baby pictures 
of my daughter (his mom) with the little monkey.

For this page I used papers from several Club Scrap
kits (Gratitude and Tribal) and Michael Strong's
cloisonné heart stamps.
The technique is the same one as I used on my
owl card yesterday: tissue tape technique.

For the border of this page stamp
 several large hearts at random.

To color the hearts stamp a inkpad directly
to your craft sheet and use a waterbrush 
for coloring (or a brush and a cup of water).

After finishing the coloring,cover the hearts with 
tissue tape (don't forget to put the tape a few times 
on your jeans before putting it on the page,
this helps to get it of more easy - I forgot this time!!)

To mark the border I put a piece of yellow sticky tape
all acros the paper.

With ablending tool and several colors inkpads
the border is filled all around the tissue tape.

Also I used a template on top of the colors.
This is a Club Scrap stencil from the Cape Cod kit.

Here you see the finished border. I added some cut out
and colored hearts (mainly to cover some bad 
places where the tissue tape tore the paper,but 
made the border looking even more interesting).

Stamps in the background are from
UM Tribal stamps and the circles are cut outs
from the CS Gratitude kit.

The felt love embellishment is from the  CSTribal kit
and the journaling card is from the Gratitude kit.

Thank you for stopping by
and I hope you have a creative day!





1 comment:

Kay Williamson said...

Such a great page Hetty, that border is so cool with the colored hearts of course!