Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Tim Holtz March Tag


Here is my March tag for
The 12 tags of 2015
on the Tim Holtz Blog.

For the original and all the
technique explanations go HERE.

So here is my tag with one of the new
bird stamps that came out recently:
Bird Crazy CMS212

I started out making the background like
Tim showed,only using the musical
washi tape,because that goes better with the
bird whistling a tune.

Using the woodgrain stencil with
the texture paste and gold embossing
powder for a tree effect.

Here a close up. I thought the bird needed
a little more color, so I used the white distress marker 
to color the eyes and marigold and lemon markers
for the body with some extra drops of water.

So now for the embellishments.
I cut the word tweet out of red paper and
added glossy accent for a little more dimention.

The birdsnest is made with some hemp rope
glued together and 3 sticky pearls.

At the bottom of the tag I stapled the fluffy roses
from Tim's Lavish Trimmings. First I colored
it with cracked pistachio and marigold distress paint. 

Hope you like my take on Tim'stag.
Thanks for stopping by.

Have a creative day!



3 comments:

Laura said...

What a gorgeous tag, Hetty! Love all the layering...from the musical washi tape to the gold embossed wood grained texture paste to the coloring of the cute bird! Your bird's nest made from twine is just too cute! Thanks for the "eye candy"!!! hugs, Laura

Penny Duncan said...

Oh what a cute cute tag!!! That bird is adorable!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous tag! Love the stencilled embossing paste! Beautiful background too!