Thursday, April 23, 2015

Club Scrap Artist Team: Pinterest inspiration

shares with you where they
got their inspiration.
Yes, on pinterest! This is such a large
board of inspiration, there is always
something that  tickles you to get crafty.

I chose to cards with these techniques:
1. colored strip:
2.bokeh,
 a technique I wanted to try for some time:


On the Club Scrap Blog I shared 
2 cards more or less like the card I found.
This time I used the colored paper
of the Botanical kit. It comes also with this
wonderful sentiment, that fits the colored strip
just perfectly.

The second technique is the "Bokeh" technique.
On the Club Scrap Blog I did it as I found the tutorial
on watercolor paper. Then I had the idea of just
adding the ink right to the white paper and see
if i had a same impression.I taped down the whate paper 
with washi tape o all 4 sides. Thenused 3 colors
for the background and colored randomly.

Used the transparant circles and
white inkpad for the bokeh effect.

This is how it ends up after I finished with the 
white ink. It is just more brighter then with
the watercolor paper.

I stamped on the background with one of
 the UM Botanical stamps and purple ink.

For the finished card I printed the sentiment 
using the Cardenio Modern Font.
The flower is stamped and die cuted with a circle 
punch and cut in with scissors.
In the middle all is hold together with
a colored brad that also came with the kit.

Thank you for looking and I hope you
come back on April 29 for more Botanical
inspiration with the Club Scrap Blog Hop.
Have a  creative Day!





3 comments:

Karen Wyngaard said...

I can't wait to experiment with this bokeh technique, too. Thanks for sharing another lovely card, Hetty!

Carolyn said...

Great cards, Hetty!! I really love this bokeh idea!!

Laura said...

You're beautiful cards make me want to give both of these techniques a try! Thanks so much, Hetty!! I really appreciate the tutorials and LOVE your cards!!!