Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sunday scrap page: Keukenhof


A week ago I went to The Keukenhof with an American friend.
The Keukenhof is a park,that only is open during Spring
and shows you beautiful Spring flowers.
You can read about it HERE.

I made many pictures,all these flowers were so beautiful
and colorful. Tulips, hyacints, daffodils and more.



This is just a little impression!
So I wanted to make a colorful page
and that April technique by Tim Holtz is just
perfect to use. Here I show you how I did this:
I started with a piece of watercolor paper 10,5"x 10,5"
with archival ink.
Then I also added the small cloissoné flower.
Then I sprayed the paper with water and took some 
distress stains. Put some drops on the craft sheet and 
add a little water. Use a thin paint brush to splatter
the ink on your paper.
Start with one color and then add more.
This is how it looks when you added the splatters.
With the same distress stains and water the flowers
are colored and leave everything to dry.
When all is drie I added these leaves, a stamp from
Club Scrap Botanicals kit.
To add the flower background to the 12"x12"cardstock
(also Club Scrap Botanicals) I used the sewing machine.

Here you see I also used the sewing machine to
fasten the pictures to the background.
This time i used a zigzag stitch.

The sentiment is a cut apart from the Botanical kit
as well as the wooden bird. The bird is colored with
a brown and yellow inkpad.

This is an impression of the Keukenhof.

Thank you for looking.
Have a creative day!



3 comments:

Lyngo said...

lovely page Hetty and what a place that spring park is for inspiration. Thank you for sharing.

Heidi said...

So bright and colourful! Fun page -- I love the splatters!

mamablitger said...

Hetty your layout is fabulous. Love all the awesome flowers and the way you combined with M S flower stamp makes just a perfect combination. Looks so pretty. I LOVE spring as well. As I guess most people do..The big red/ white flower above your heads in the photo is just the same as I have right now with HUGE flowers. Amaryllis... Or in Danish we also call it 4 world edges...lol..it is such a super spring flower....
Thank you for sharing dear friend. Hope you are all doing fine !!!!!
Hugs from Monica... Spain