Monday, June 29, 2015

Club Scrap Artist Team is travelling



This is the Club Scrap June kit: National Park
We were asked to create something that has to do
with traveling. As I have just been on holiday,
I have some great pictures frommy trip to Italy
and the colors of this kit fit perfectly.

What I love fromClub Scrapis their ALSB instructions.
You find them HERE.
This way it is easy to scrap your photo's.

As I have my mind on other things, like are the babies going
to be born when i need my projects to be finished, I kept it
fairly simple this time.

Also I needed to decorate my photo diary of my vacation.
The book was dark blue and i started out by putting
a layer of gesso on it.
Gesso is quickly dry and i could go on to
the next layer.
Next I took some distress acrylic paint. With a dabber
it is easy to color. I used tie dye.
For decoration I used the Adobe stencil and 
the mahogany distress dabber.
Here is the finished front of my book.
The ribbons are frommy stash.

A close up on the decoration.

This was a quick and easy way to decorate my book.
This month I just don't have more time
for elaborate techniques.

If you want to see the first inside page of my book,
please go here:

For all projects of the artist team, see the main post
There is more to see at:

Thanks for looking,
Have a creative day!




6 comments:

Karen Wyngaard said...

What a clever and quick way to alter an album cover. It looks awesome!

Tricia Morris said...

That Adobe stencil is such a perfect combination with this collection! I love how you continue to find a home for it even though you're not scrappin' "National Parks"!

Carolyn said...

Love the page and really enjoyed what you did to the cover! Lovely!

Capescrapper said...

WOW you completely changed that cover and made it your own, love what you have done, and makes me want to take a look at all my journals and albums to see how I can do the same!!

rettaescape said...

Love your layout and how you used the stencil? Beautiful!

Lisa D said...

Thank you for the inspiration! I have a few albums I needed to recover and I love this idea.