Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Club Scrap JUNE technique challenge


You might have noticed,I am lying low on my 
entries and participations. True, I was on vacation,so
I had tomiss out sharing my projects with The Blues May kit.
So what's with June? Well my pizza boxs with the
June National Parks box has not arrived yet.

But for the Technique challenge I can use any paper
I like and the tchnique chosen by Anne Marie Healy
is: THE MAZE BOOK.
It is constructing a little booklet out of
a 12x12 inch page.
You will find her wonderful books and instruction video's
on the Club Scrap Blog here:

I love these little books.
But for what I had in mind,
it was just too small.I needed something bigger
and I came up with this larger version,also
out of a 12x12 inch page.

Here is the template:
You see the pages of this booklet are 3 x 6  inch
and you fold zig zag and you booklet lookslike this:
In the middle of the booklet you get a kind of pocket.
I closedit in the back with a piece of musical washi tape,
for the papers that i use foor this booklet are 
all from the May kit The Blues.
This booklet is about my eldest DD, who is 
expecting twins and she is sending the family
wonderful pictures of her growing belly.
I want to put them together in this booklet.
In the middle part op the book there will be a pocket
where i will add a photo of the babies when the are born.
I folded the top corner over and 
the rest of the pocket is closed with the
musical washi tape that i also used for the back.
The tag inside is cut in the corners with a punch
and i constructed a handle with the saddle
punch from Stampin'Up!.

As I wanted this to be a sturdy book, I made some
covers with bookboard.
The bookboard is slightly larger than the book will be.
Here you see the size I used. And the paper to cover the 
board is 1/2 inch on ech side larger than the board.

After gluing the papers around the bord, adding a ribbon
for closing the book and gluing the covers to the pages
it looks like this.

Today I decorated the cover,but I need some more
time for the inside, which I will share with you
when they are done.

Hope you will try your maze book and link it to 
the Club Scrap Blog, so you can win an awsome prize.

Have a creative day!






2 comments:

Diana Enns said...

Love that book and that cover pic is great

Becca Cruger said...

What a great way to keep all of your memories! I love the photo on the front. It made me giggle!