Saturday, September 24, 2016

Coffee Lovers Blog Hop day 2

On Saturday I always make something with a Michael Strong
stamp. I am so happy Mike also has made coffee stamps!
You find them here.
Now I play on with the fox theme too.

So this is what I did:
Starting out with plain white cardstock
and printed the sentiments, leaving a gap for
the stamping.The top sentence I just typed up,
but the bottom sentiments are by
So then icut the sheet in two and have two cards in the making.
I watergolored the background with bundled sage distress ink.
Stamped the large coffee cup on green with versamark and
embossed it with copper embossing powder. The fox
is made with the Stampin'Up! foxy friend punch.
Now to make the flowers, I came up with a fun idea using
my used nespresso capsules. I cut the top of and trew away the coffee
and am left with the metal capsule. How great they come in 
wonderful colors!
So I took out a flower punch and punched some
flowers out of the metal, which is quite soft and easy to punch.

With this punch comes a kind of embossing punch. Here you lay the
punched out flower and press the sides together and it becomes a wonderful 3d flower.

I have them already for quite some time and no idea if you can still get
this floral & emboss punch set.

Here another view of the flowers.

For the other card, I used the smaller size cups.
You also see some stamping on the background. This is from the 
Stampin'Up! set Foxy friends.

In the background I used the sequins I won in the last blog hop.
I love them!

Hope you all have enjoyed my post for the 
Coffee Lovers Blog Hop today. You find more 
information about the hop here and how to play along.

Thank you for looking
and enjoy your cup of coffee/tea.


36 comments:

Jerrie said...

Hetty, love your fox cards! The fox is so cute and the sentiments are adorable. Love that you paired the fox with the coffee cups...that sly fox!

CarlavdM said...

Hetty weer 2 errug leuke kaarten met het vosje en Michael's kopjes erop.
Heerlijk om je koffie-stempels weer tevoorschijn te halen nietwaar voor de Coffee Lovers Fall hop.

Sandi said...

I LOVE the way you made those metal flowers. Both of these cards are gorgeous!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh Hetty, these are soooo adorable and cute! I love the fox! Perfect for fall! You are so creative to recycle your little nespresso capsules - the flowers are brilliant! I love both of these adorable cards!

Kathy said...

So creative to use the metallic flowers you made! The fox is perfect for the Fall hop.

Teri said...

Super fun cards! Now you have me eyeballing my Nespresso capsules!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

love you up-cycling technique. Your cards are sweet

Stacy Sheldon said...

I am grinning from ear to ear over that sentiment... coffee take me away lol :)

Rosie Guiher said...

Great cards Hetty! I like how you used the little coffee things to make the flowers.

Tlc Creations said...

Love the layering, and the flowers are perfect.
Paulette

Becca Yahrling said...

Oh Hetty, these are both fabulous and so pretty! Love those flowers and that cute fox. Love the sweet designs.

Shelly said...

Hetty, these are so cute and clever!

Ann said...

Adorable cards, and love how you upcycled those metal cups.

StampingbugKerry said...

Now that's neat! I love those punches with the hinges because I always have trouble jamming up my punches that have no hinges! :) That fox is so stinkin' cute! :)

Fikreta said...

super sweet cards!
love the fox and the flowers!
Fiki

Vickie Y said...

Adorable cards; love the images.

Elizabeth said...

Great cards!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Hetty, this is adorable! I love that fox song too! Hee hee! I love fall and I love foxes, so I love seeing them together. This is perfect for a fall coffee hop! LOVE it!

Tonya said...

Great cards!!

VanessaB said...

Gorgeous cards!!! ��

Arianna Barbara said...

Awww!!!! Amazing project!!!! This idea is absolutely amazing! And your cards are really adorable!!!

Beth Norman said...

Wow, such wonderful cards. I love them and the way you created your flowers. I have the metal toppers from my big coffee pots saved up and I want to shoot a tutorial creating metal flowers with them. It's nice how your coffee pods are already coloured.

BERNATH cigale.nathalie@wanadoo.fr said...

SUPER IDEE LES CAPSULES /// SUPERBE CREA

Amy C. said...

Fabulous reuse of product! Love the copper metal floral accents on these cute cards!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LURVE your metal flowers and your BRILLIANT cards, great coffee fox, love it ALL.
Faith
x

Karen B. said...

What a clever idea!

Lisa said...

Hetty! These are adorable!! Love the images and great designs... and those cute sentiments! Love them both!

Dr Sonia S V said...

So super cute!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Verna Angerhofer said...

Such darling cards. That fox is so cute!

~amy~ said...

Hetty! I'm really loving your fox theme! These are sooooo cute! That's some awesome upcycling!

Sabrina said...

All your coffee projects are lovely - but this one is definitely my favourite. Those foxes just made me smile, and I love the way you used the coffee capsules to punch the flowers from. DH is always saving the foil from wine bottles for me to use!!

Helen Gullett said...

They are so very cute!!!

Ceal said...

super cute cards, Hetty!

An'Jenic G. said...

To great cards. I love the flowers on your first and the sequins on the other.

Helen F. said...

Oh Hetty, these two are FABULOUS! thanks for the Fall inspiration!

Sharron said...

Fabulous, love the adorable fox and that fun sentiment!