Saturday, November 19, 2016

Thankful leaves FMS263

Here is my card for day 19 of the
Color challenge on

You find all the details there.

But this card is also a scketch challenge from the

The color inspriation is from outside in my garden.
The beautiful yellow tree and

all the leaves on the ground.

So I started my card with stamping 
Michael Strong's pumpkin stamps and embossed 
them with Orient Express embossing powder.

The next step is cutting some leave shapes out of the 
pumpkin with thinlits from Stampin'Up!

Here are all the leaves for my card.
So I took my distress markers and colored
all the leaves.
For the finished card I added tiny yellow and green
gemstones. You see also leaves on the background.
Thoose are embossed on the card and colored
with brown distress ink.
For the bottom of the card I used this lined design paper
and had the idea of writing the word thankful on
those lines with a black pen.
And this is the result on the card. 
The sentiment is from Tim Holtz.

Thank you for looking
and have a creative day!


8 comments:

Wendy Bellino said...

Brilliant to use the pumpkin image for the design on your leaves!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a wonderful card Hetty - love how you have used the pumpkins to make the leaves, and the wonderful sentiment panel at the base of the card. Such innovative use of your materials!!
Blessings
Maxine

Sabrina said...

Great way of creating your leaves, Hetty - they are so pretty!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

BEAUTIFUL, love the stamped images cut from a completely different shape, AND that you wrote the sentiment, a wonderful card.
Faith

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful card, Hetty! You're doing great with the colouring challenge! I like how you made your own patterned paper with your handwriting - nice job!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow! Those leaves are amazing- I love the colour those distress markers give them. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Jen Mitchell said...

Your leaves are so beautiful. Thanks for showing us the steps you took to create them. And I love that you added your own handwritten sentiment on the bottom of the card. That's such a great idea. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Laura said...

So beautiful! Love it, Hetty!! Thanks for sharing your cool idea to stamp/emboss then use the leaf die and then color! Plus, I lover your idea of writing "thankful" on the lined section at the bottom of the card! What a great idea! You are so creative!!!