Saturday, May 13, 2017

More chocolates for Mother's Day


Here you see our gift for my Mother-in-law: a plant
a box of chocolate (oh and she gets a bottle too).

I want to share with you how I made the chocolate box.
I found a nice video on youtube here.

The chocolate box is made out of two parts.
The inside with the chocolates and the cover.
For the box you need a piece of cardstock
measuring 9 x 6,5 inch and the cover meausres
6 5/8 x 4 1/16 inch.

Scoring for the box: @ 1inch and @2 inch on all sides
(for cutting see the video).
Scoring for cover: 1/5 - 2 - 2 9/16 - 5 1/19
and this is how I decorated the cover:

Using the honeycomb stencil again and 3 colors of ink.
Leave a part of the top center empty (better for glueing
the paper on top).

I used these left over parts of stamping for decoration.
It is the Lily stamp by Michael Strong stamped and 
embossed with white embossing powder. Then it was 
colored and the embossed parts serve as a resist.

Out of the dark red piece I cut a 3 7/8 x 1 2/8 inch
and out of the dark brown a 4 x 1 3/8 inch piece.
These are taped down on the center of the box.

I used the little lilly stamp from Hannah's Busy Bee
stampset on top of the honeycomb stencil.

Out of the lighter red piece I cut a lilly and with a 
Stampin'Up! sentiment and a dragonfly pinched
out the cover of the box is finished.

It looks way more complicated than it is. 
A tip for a quick box is to use decorated paper around the box.

And of course you need a little card
for the plant. I used the same technique
as for the cover of the box with
a honeycomb stencil and there was another flower
on the paper left that I could cut out.
The butterfly is a thinlit from Stampin'Up!


Hope all you  creative moms will be spoilt!

Thanks for looking
and have a creative day!


2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a BEAUTIFUL project Hetty, Love the stamping and the choccie box and little tag card. I'm sure MiL will love it.
Faith
x

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what gorgeous 'papers' you have created Hetty, and a beautiful gift and tag are the result.
Blessings
Maxine