Sunday, August 13, 2017

Coffee and Cards with Celeste and Deb


Today I share cards I made, because some of my coffee
friends asked me to play along with them by use this moodboard
and come up with a coffee and a tea card.

Most of you know my love for coffee, so I found this great
Coffeeloving Cardmakers group and matching 
Facebook Group. A lot of coffee inspiration.
In this group I started a 
monthly coffeecardlist and this is how I met Celeste and Deb, 
who also share cards on their blogs with this moodboard.

They are here:
Craftingjunky Blog by Celeste

Isn't this a sweet anbd tasty moodboard?!
It inspired me for a coffee and tea card.
I  started with this coffee card using Michael Strong's
coffee cup stamps, Club Scrap coffee rings and 
Verve Stamps sentiment and coffee beans. 
The cups are embossed with 
pink and baby blue embossing powder.

And here is the inside of the card with another
sentiment by Verve Stamps.

This is my tea card. For this card I used 
metal dies for the cups, pot and macaroons
and sentiment by Verve Stamps.
Here is the fist look on the closed card.


And this is how the open card look.
I used a piece of cardstock of 8,5 x 5,5 inch.
I folded it double for the card and then folded
half of the front outward. This way you get a z-fold card.
I used various design papers matching the colors of
the moodboard for decorating the different 
panels of the card.
Cutting the teapot from blue and pink paper and
decorating with the pink butterflies from Verve Stamps
and adding paper flowers with a brad for decoration.
Underneat I cut a label like a teabag and adding
a Verve Stamps sentiment. With a piece of
cotton the label is fastned to the teapot.

Inside I also made a panel for writing
that I decorated with a pink and blue spoon
that was also cut out by a metal die.
I found this wonderful teaset dies on 
Aliexress here.
The inside panet is build on design paper
and a white paper doily. Cups cut out of
design paper and the steam is from the Michael
Strong coffee set stamped first bedore adding the
decorated cups. The macaroons are dies from 
a Marianne Creatble set. I used a white gel pen
for the center and after adding the sprinkles on top
I used glossy accent. 

Thank you Celeste and Deb for having me for coffee today!
Here I share my favourite coffee piccture of this moment:
Opa and grandson having a coffee.
My husband drinks his black coffee and Colin is
having lots of luke warm milk with a little spoon
of instant coffee

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday,
thanks for looking and have a latte creative day!
PS don't forget to look at
Celeste's and Deb's Blog 
for their cards!


8 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Hetty was a gorgeous pair of cards - and thanks (I think) for the Aliexpress link :-)
Love the photo of Opa and his grandson having their coffee.
Blessings
Maxine

Jill P said...

very pretty
enjoy

Celeste Goff said...

What amazingly intricate and beautiful cards Hetty! Thank you so very much for joining Deb and I this month on our collaboration!

Debra Davison said...

Your cards are absolutely beautiful, as always !! Thank you so much for joining us -- you are the Coffee Card Queen !!!

~amy~ said...

Hetty, so fun! Love your beautiful projects!

Rosie Guiher said...

What great cards you have made. I love the tea one too! Is that one of Mikes stamps? Thanks for the idea of this fold. I like to learn some new and easy ones.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE the coffee card, with it's pink embossing on blue card. Great insert too. Such a wonderful tea card too, Love the tag as a tea bag, clever thinking. Another Great insert on it too. AND the photo of Colin and Grandad, is just delightful.
Faith
x

Laura said...

Love love love both of your cards! The soft colors are so dreamy! Like how you stamped inside the card and the special fold on that tea card! What a cute pic of Raymond and Colin enjoying coffee together. Memories being made!!! Thanks for sharing!